Oracle 19c does not support OEL 6 so it is now time to upgrade my vm’s to OEL 7.
These are the steps:
- Make sure you have repositories ol6_x86_64_latest and ol6_x86_64_addons configured and enabled.
- Update to the latest OEL 6 version
- yum update -y
- Install required packages
- yum install redhat-upgrade-tool preupgrade-assistant preupgrade-assistant-el6toel7 preupgrade-assistant-el6toel7-data-0 preupgrade-assistant-tools preupgrade-assistant-ui openscap
- Run the upgrade assessment
- Review the output and if the assessment reports any fail, needs_action, or needs_inspection issues, read the remediation instructions for these issues and perform any required actions before proceeding with the upgrade.
- Download the ISO file from Edelivery.oracle.com. Choose version OEL 7.5.
- Copy the ISO to the server
- Run the upgrade tool
- redhat-upgrade-tool-cli –iso=V975367-01.iso –debuglog=/tmp/upgrade.log –cleanup-post
- Reboot the system to start the upgrade